Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Menu Line Standardization

> Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
>
> >    Program | File | Edit | View | Options | Preferences | Help
> >
> >    Agree or disagree?
>
> agreed except for one item - it seems to me like the majority of people here
> agrees that "Preferences..." should go to the Program menu.

Possibly. Under Options, as well, it would be equally at home. This is
the reasoning why its on the menu bar with the others -- If multiple homes
for an option are a possibility, the option belongs on the titlebar. Test
the thoery for yourself. :) Its one of the fundemental laws of UI design.

> other than that you've summed up the general consent pretty good. I have one
> additional remark: "fully loaded" sounds as if there is no room for anything
> else, which should. some applications will need additional menu entries.
> "Format" for text-editing tools springs to mind, but lots of other examples
> could be made.

I'll conceed that it was a slightly albiguous choice of words.. And I
agree, there is always room for the addition of other menu items on the
line, in addition to the "fully loaded" set. The "fully loaded" set is
simply an example of what many gnome apps would use for thneir standard
array of offerings on the menu line.

Bowie