Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Menu Line Standardization

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Bowie Poag wrote:
> Exactly. If |Edit| is irrelevant for an application, it shouldn't even be
> on the menu bar in the first place..In a situation like that, having
> |Edit| there makes about as much sense as |Ride A Pony| ..It makes no
> sense, so why do it?

I understand and to some degree agree with you.

But my question to you:
Can you explain to me the decision making process that you underwent to
come to this decision?  That is, specifically, did you decide that
application relevance means more than consistency?  If so, why and when?

I'll issue a warning that I think you should be aware of: the moment you
start letting coders decide which parts of the style guide are relevant to
them and which are not, you're in for some surprises.

william r. tipton