Re: Control is a key, not a menu

Wesley Felter <wesf@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
> > Please agree with me--tum-fuh-kap is a really bad way to abbreiviate the
> > menu.  Do you like Control?
>
> Control is a key on my keyboard, so let's not name a menu after it. The menu uses the GNOME logo, so why not call it the GNOME menu? Apple calls theirs the Apple menu. Granted, the GNOME logo is not a picture of a gnome, but somehow I think I prefer it that way. :-)

actually, I think nobody every seriously proposed to call it tmfkap. :) that
was just a term thought up by sun when he was lost for terms, to have one at
all. it was better than none at all so it kinda stuck. :)

we can call it "GNOME Menu", or we can try to find a name that describes its
contents, like "Program Menu" or "Application Menu". we can also use
GNOMEprint or Footmenu. have I forgotten anything?

I'm for "Program Menu"  or "Application Menu", because all other menu names
also describe what they contain.

		-- Henry Spencer