Re: RGSG - contents of Program menu

-----Original Message-----
From: John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com>
To: Dan Effugas Kaminsky <effugas@best.com>
Cc: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 05, 1998 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: RGSG - contents of Program menu

>The second issue is "what goes where?"  Do you really think that
>the Style guide will get released without a strong statement
>against putting all your menus items in one menu?  No GUI
>programmer in his right mind would make such an atrocious
>interface.  Why are we still talking about this?

My problem isn't that the Style Guide will say what's gonna be put into
Document.  It's that Document itself doesn't really "mean" anything, if you
will.  Like I said earlier--I'm afraid of Score->Transpose.

That being said, Sun's proposal DOES address this stuff, and he and I are
butting heads privately.