Force quit = bug

I apologize if someone has already responded to this; my Net connection went down and I can't currently read some of my mail.

> How about the Program menu getting Force Quit(would trigger Exit,
> and if no
> death occured soon, SIGKILL would be delivered) and the File menu getting
> Exit?

No way. If an application does not respond to an Exit command under any circumstance, then it is buggy and should not even be GC1 compliant.

(Please note that applications should be required to visibly respond to an Exit command, but not necessarily in a particular way. Obviously if there is unsaved data the app should prompt the user to save when he/she chooses Exit.)

Wesley Felter - wesf@cs.utexas.edu - Hack the Planet