Gnome Menu

   > Also, regardless of what IBM's research was about the leftmost
   > menus being the most commonly accessed, we appear to be moving
   > away from that, into a more object-oriented menu standard, based
   > more on scope than on frequency of use.

   re: leftmost menus
   The leftmost menu is only considered the most accessed by people who
   read from left to right.  Those who read in the opposite direction
   access the rightmost menu most often.  Does that mean that file should
   be on both sides?  I think the mock-up was very well done, and
   illustrates that brand of object oriented UI very well.  With the
   GNOME/App menu being an icon, it is unassuming enough to not be
   considered the leftmost menu for normal work, and yet accessible and
   logical enough to house those types of menu entries