Emergency method for responding to everyone

I'll be posting another 200 entries if I do this any other way.

I can't just IGNORE the posts.  As a maintainer, I wouldn't be doing much
maintaining.

I haven't responded to alot of Ric's stuff, because I'm still thinking it
over(some of it overlaps with my coming white papers)

While these posts REALLY screw with threads...uhm, it's better than the
alternative.  So, here you go...digest-dan responses, sorted by target.