Re: RGSG - File Menu

I think one of the things that needs to be in the style guide is whether
we "quit" or "exit" or "close" an application.  I think "close" is the
only verb appropriate for files, therefore it should be reserved from
them.  The Quit/Exit is mostly confusing from a keyboard shortcut
standpoint; PINE makes the mistake of using them interchangably and it's a
royal pain in the rear to have to "exit" the attachment viewer and then
"quit" the program.  To illustrate the confusion, here's a rough breakdown
of which apps are in which camp:

EXIT:
GULP
ghex
gcal
GENIUS

QUIT:
gEdit
GIMP
ee
gtt

Agreed that we need to use the same one (BUT NOT WHICH ONE TO USE YET)?

                Soren Harward               | Windows 95/98 DOES come
 Internet Information Systems Administrator | with a tool to recover
               Cinternet, Inc.              | from Registry
 Voice: 891-1228        soren@cinternet.net | corruption.
      http://www.cinternet.net/~soren/      | It's called 'FDISK'.