Re: Menu customization

Ben 'The Con Man' Kahn wrote:

>         How many of you knew that MS Word supports that feature?  Hmm?
> Ever go looking?  It does.  I deleted the Help menu once...  They actually
> have a nice way of dealing with it.

Come to think of it, Visual C++ has that too.  I think it's
exposed by MS's VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), which is
mostly a macro-writing language, as I understand it.  Not
something that'd be worth the hassle to do for GNOME.  Exposing
every possible menu command for every GNOME app is waaaaay too
much, a little on the order of madness.

What I was actually thinking is a little more generic.  Through
simple CLI, or more complex CORBA, "User" menu items could
conceivably operate on/with virtually any application or script.
Here's a better example with the HTML editor.  You've finished
updating a web page in your favorite word processor.  You click
on "User->Web Publish" which FTP's the current document to your
remote web site.  This could be done with a shell script, or
through a CORBA link to your favorite FTP program.  Or a
combination of both, I guess.

John