Re: irc summary

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Jantzen <chris@maybe.net>
To: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Monday, August 03, 1998 10:03 PM
Subject: Re: irc summary

>As an excellent example: That little paperclip guy in Office 97 drives
>me nuts. As does it most tech's I know. However, most users I know
>love him to pieces.

Are you serious?  This is TOTALLY outside my experience, are you DEAD sure
this is VERY common?  All I ever heard this year was "how do I get rid of
it".

>But you'd certainly be justified in requiring it.

If I didn't think it obscured too much and got in the way too often, I
agree.

Personally I prefer stdhelp/stderr windows...

>There are and will be hard decisions. I believe the SG group needs to
>make certain decisions with an iron fist (though with an open mind to
>suggestions). Linus offers an excellent example: In the end, whether
>patches make it into Linux or not depends entirely on Linus' whim. He
>has earned his peers' trust that his judgement is sound. I'll be the
>first to voice my general trust in Bowie's and Dan's judgement. Sure
>people may disagree on fine, nitpicky points, but I think in general
>they're headed in the right direction.

I will never have Linus's ability to put his foot down.  But I will not back
down, and look at the result--in sun's "big flame" at me...turns out we
*agree* on more stuff than he thought.

All I can do is fight the fight when I'm right, and *STOP* fighting when I'm
not.  The chips will fall wherever.

Thank you for your support.  It's appreciated.