Re: Mockups

sun wrote:

> i sent this in response to something on the list earlier today, but i'm
> not sure if the attachments made it through the listserver intact. i
> don't think so. anyway, here's the letter and the attachments are now on
> the web at http://www.sonetech.com/~bry/mockup.gif,
> http://www.sonetech.com/~bry/mockup2.gif, and
> http://www.sonetech.com/~bry/mockup3.gif

I like the mockups.  The foot menu seems even more intuitive than
I thought it would be.  The tear-off menu handle to the left of
it helps to accentuate the fact that everything to the right is a
menu.  Rule of thumb: everything on the menu bar is a menu.  (c:

We should also have an option that toggles between the foot icon
and a text entry, something like "GNOME" (although I'm not sure
how I feel about using all caps in a menu item), or "Program", to
accomodate the anti-icon people.

I agree with George (it was you, right George?) that the foot
menu should be auto-generated.  However, it would be more than
nice to allow the app to register its own extensions to (its own
local copy of) the foot menu (e.g. in the case of experimental C5
features, which wouldn't make it into a standard generated auto
menu).  This could be put in a standard place, probably boxed in
by separators just above the Quit item.  Everything else in the
foot menu would be standard and non-changeable.

Anyone have an opinion on how hard it would be to implement all
this?

John