Re: Mockups

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, sun wrote:

> i sent this in response to something on the list earlier today, but i'm
> not sure if the attachments made it through the listserver intact. i
> don't think so. anyway, here's the letter and the attachments are now on
> the web at http://www.sonetech.com/~bry/mockup.gif,
> http://www.sonetech.com/~bry/mockup2.gif, and
> http://www.sonetech.com/~bry/mockup3.gif

	Nice mockups!  A few comments.  :^)  First, the foot should be in
a box which has a border.  This is to reinforce the idea that it is a
button.  (And it should have a little arrow pointing down so people can
tell it's a menu.  MS has this in their style guide...  When a button
opens a menu, it should have a little arrow pointing down.  They, of
course, don't follow that guideline, but I think it is very helpful.)
Second, the foot should be darker.  It's a little invisible right now.
Maybe dark blue?  Also, there should be a tooltip for the foot.

	In other words, I *love* the foot.  I just want to make sure
people dont' miss it.  Maybe I'll fix your image and post the results.
:^)

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
          Meet Linux: Forrest Gump as an operating system.