Re: RGSG

Dan Kaminsky writes:
 > Damn, I have got to do a mockup of pie menus, I THINK I can see how they've
 > been done wrong, and how they should have been done.

There was a very nice article in Dr. Dobb's a few years ago about Pie
Menus. Discussed many of the advantages (which I may take time to
summarize for you sometime). One of the failings of Pie Menus I've
seen in implementation is the use of text. Pie Menus work best when
there are a simple set of options equally spaced around the menu. They
work even better when the number of options in the menu is consistent
for *all* menus in the entire OS. Equadistant spacing is generally
only achievable with icons, which can be confusing for new
users... (But then I don't think we're targetting Pie Menus as C1 <g>)

--
chris jantzen kb7rnl =->
systems administrator |    __O   |          student