Re: RGSG

Gleef <gleef@capital.net> wrote:
> I'll give more specific suggsestions this time around, to language.

thanks a lot.  some comments where I think comments are due. I have
incorporated most of your comments, without commenting on them here.

> - Gnome
> + GNOME

I have used "Gnome" throughout the  document because that's the way it is
written on www.gnome.org

shouldn't be a problem to sed it, but at the moment, until it's clear which
one is considered "right", I'd like to leave it that way.

> Prog, I like the sound of it.  Remember, however that all the required
> menu headings will have to be translated.  Using a real word might make
> this task easier.

it's "Program" now, with "Prog" in the section of  alternative ideas.

> The discussion of the "File" menu needs to be a separate item (or items).
> Personally, I think calling such a menu "File" should be a C3, perhaps a
> C2, but not a C1.

I don't think it should be seperated. that item is on the required menus and
"File" is one of them.

> > C1 -  If a menubar is not present in an application, two buttons
> > must be present somewhere labeled "Help" and "Exit". If the help
> > for that application does not contain "About" information ( see
> > below ) then an additional "About" button must also be provided.
>
> Button program requirements should be described in a separate section than
> Menu programs, to make it clearer which requirements go with which.

it's here because of "If a menubar is not present..." - that puts it into
the menubar section.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.