Re: Proposal for First Draft of GNOME Style Guide 1.1

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> > it is a good idea. BUT - all the announcements sounded very, very much like
> > the list is not really important, but irc is. look at them. you'll disclose
> > the style guide to the irc conference first, not to the list. just as an
> > example.
>
> I, in no way, intended to put across that message. I'm kinda puzzled how
> *anyone* could come away with that idea--

then look at your mails! they all contain one message:  hang on,  wait, the
style guide will be disclosed at the irc conference; hang on, wait, we'll
discuss this  at the irc conference;  hang on  people, I'm busy preparing
the irc conference; no, I'll not post my stuff to this list, it's  not yet
time to discuss it, I'll publish it at the irc conference.

I'm glad to hear you didn't intend on creating this impression, but at least
to me, you did.

> I'm going to be too busy handling the mob and making sure the right people
> get heard to be concerned with recording a log. I'll see what I can do, as
> I know theres alot of interest in such a thing, especially among Euro
> folks who wont be able to stay up past their bedtimes. :)

no need to make fun on anyone. sorry, but I've got a job that's not exactly
so unimportant that I can show up half a day late because I was attending an
irc conference in the middle of the night. it's not that difficult, is it?
is it too much to ask that at least a summary be posted to the list THAT WAS
CREATED DEDICATED TO THIS PURPOSE ?

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.