Re: Proposal for First Draft of GNOME Style Guide 1.1

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> > however, it will mean there will be about 2k people there, half of them just
> > to look, half of the rest without any real interest in gnome or user
> > interface, half of the interested without a clue in both and so on.
> >
> > whereas on the list everyone knows WHY he's there and what it's all about.
>
> Again, i'm tempted to say that it looks like you want the Style Guide's
> development to be a closed process, Tom.. Do clarify that for me, why you
> think adding the general public into the decision-making process, in
> addition to the mailing list, is NOT a good idea?

it is a good idea. BUT - all the announcements sounded very, very much like
the list is not really important, but irc is. look at them. you'll disclose
the style guide to the irc conference first, not to the list. just as an
example.

I always thought this list was dedicated to the purpose of coming up with
something styleguidish. now suddenly we're the people who just watch? see
the problem?

so at least don't forget to post something to the list that will allow
anyone who did not attend the irc thing to catch up to whatever happened
there. thanks.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.