Re: Proposal for First Draft of GNOME Style Guide 1.1

Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> >if that's the intent, then I'm more clear now. the announcement sounded
> like
> >"the work" would be done in irc. and the list, hm, yes.
>

> Tom, the conference was announced on freshmeat and slashdot.  You *have*
> heard of the Slashdot Effect, haven't you?  :-)

I have, being a regular /. reader.

however, it will mean there will be about 2k people there, half of them just
to look, half of the rest without any real interest in gnome or user
interface, half of the interested without a clue in both and so on.

whereas on the list everyone knows WHY he's there and what it's all about.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.