Re: Proposal for First Draft of GNOME Style Guide 1.1

Dan Kaminsky wrote:

> >excuse me, but you want to do creative discussion at the irc conference?
> you
> >ARE aware that roughly half the list will not be attending? plus I thought
> >that this list was the place where such things should happen?
>
> Yeah, we're going to get the general public attending the list, which is a
> DAMN USEFUL THING, Tom.  They're our bosses :-)

The point is that IRC is too much a medium of geocentricity.  I *might*
be attending (I think it's 9am Monday in Australia), but many of the
more constructive posters on this list live outside the convenient
timezones.  As someone pointed out earlier, "no matter what, it's gonna
be 3am somewhere", and I don't think *anyone* on this list should be
left-out of a forum where major topics will be discussed simply because
they were unfortunate enough to be born outside the good ol' US of A. :)

-Dion