Re: Some of this, some of that, Idea's really.

Il 25-Apr-98, Christian Scholz ha scritto:
>> and, just to remain in topic, Amiga as the Rexx language to do heavy
>> interprocess communication.
>Right, I miss that under Linux..
>> How about Gnome?
>> How can I write (for example) a script that starts an http-robot, download
>> page, parserize it and send some datas to other applications without
passing
>> throught a file?
>I was thinking about it and I think the solution here should be not to
>have one single language to do that but have stubs for all the languages
>out there (like Python, Perl, guile, C, etc.)
>So what's needed is a standard API with which apps can tell the system
>which functions they understand and also which parameters are accepted
>for each of them.
>Maybe there should also be one common set of functions to call like
>QUIT, HELP, etc.
I have lots of idea to write down.
But before going on, I would like to know if:
1) this feature is Gnome - compliant (i.e.: is it off-topic to discuss it
here?)?
2) has someone else (single, groups or so on) started a similar project?
3) before I start writing down my specs of what I call Stam (Software Town of
Artisans and Merchants), I'll try to set-up an home page that shows my ideas.
I'll post the Url at the end of my (in-topic 8-)contributions to the list (...
it's only 40 bytes). I would like to know your opinion and technical
suggestions.

/ Redaelli Paolo EMail: redaelli@inc.it | Known as Tybor on #Amiga, \
| POV-Team Amiga                        | #AmIrc and #AmigaIta      |
| Porter of AmiForge, GForge, Lparser   \---------------------------+
| Fantasy home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/4950     |

<HTML><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type:text/html"><SCRIPT>
function X() {var Text = "HTML is not acceptable for using in mail " +
"or usenet so your browser will stop."; alert(Text); parent.close();};
</SCRIPT><HEAD></HEAD><BODY onLoad="X();return true">Hi</BODY></HTML>