[gnome-freebsd] Gnome 2.14 seems sluggish to me ...

Despite all of the so-called optimizations and speed improvements made
to Gnome 2.14, I have unfortunately discovered the exact opposite when I
upgraded from 2.12 on FreeBSD 6.1.

Seems VERY sluggish, the Gnome Desktop takes forever to start, and most
applications (xterm being one notable exception) take a long time to
startup. Often everything freezes up with erratic and slow repainting.

Anyone know why? Is there some way I can trace things to find out where
the bottleneck is occurring.

I've tried the following, but it didn't help.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2006-May/014564.html

Regards,
Kiffin