[gnome-flashback] Proposal for desktop icons

Hi all:

I'm the maintainer of Desktop Icons extension for Gnome Shell, and recently I created another extension, also for Gnome Shell, that also adds desktop icons, but with a twist: instead of putting all the code inside an extension, it moves everything into an external program based on GTK, and only puts a little bit of code inside the extension just to allow it to work with Wayland.

The point is that yesterday I added a little patch that makes the desktop icons code 100% autonomous over X11, which means that it can be used also with other desktops... like Gnome Flashback. I attach an screenshot.

I'm searching for testers. If you want to test it, just download the GIT repository (http://gitlab.com/rastersoft/desktop-icons-ng) change into the "make_X11_stand_alone" branch, compile with "meson" the code to compile the schemas, and run it from the folder with:

    ./ding.js -E

(the -E parameter is paramount).

--
Nos leemos