Re: [gnome-flashback] Future of Nautilus desktop

Hi,

may I ask someone to open bug here:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-flashback/issues
(I know it was done in bugzilla, but I can not access bug list anymore...)

There is now gnome-shell extension for desktop icons and nautilus has added some functionality so we should be able to create our own desktop window for icons. :)

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 1:40 AM Antonio Ospite <ao2 ao2 it> wrote:
On Sat, 06 Jan 2018 23:57:47 +0500
Khurshid Alam <khurshid alam linuxmail org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 9:38 PM, Alberts Muktupāvels
> <alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Current plan is to add desktop icons to gnome-flashback like it was
> > done with background.
>
> Other option is to use either Nemo or Caja for desktop handling but
> keep Nautilus as the main file manger. That's what the Nautilus
> maintainer suggested.
>
> There is also a discussion going on Ubuntu's community hub:
>
> https://community.ubuntu.com/t/files-nautilus-v3-28-will-lose-the-desktop-icons-capability/3115

Hi,

Debian unstable now ships nautilus 3.30, here are some brief
instructions to use nemo to manage desktop icons under gnome-flashback:

$ sudo apt-get --no-install-recommends install nemo
$ cat << EOF > ~/.config/autostart/nemo-desktop.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=nemo-desktop
Name=nemo-desktop