Re: [gnome-flashback] GNOME Panel, out of process applets

Hi Alberts,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:48:24PM +0300, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
Hi,

with GNOME Panel 3.22 I plan (as minimum) drop support for out-of-process
applets. If you are applet developer and/or package maintainer then please
convert your applet to in-process applet or open bug about it.

Does that mean that Python applets will no longer work? If yes, will you
drop the GIR interface?

At same time following things most likely will be removed:
- panel_applet_set_background_widget function
- panel_applet_get_background function
- change_background signal

The (a bit outdated) list of stuff which may need to be ported is here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomePanel/ThirdPartyApplets

(I would like to edit that page, but for some reason I don't have rights
to do it — maybe you can do that? I.e. Command Runner Applet is no longer
needed, because we have a replacement in gnome-applets.)