Re: [gnome-flashback] New to List and flashback

HI,

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 11:42 PM, Jay Cotton <jay cotton oracle com> wrote:
    If your system does not have 3D support, what would the expected results be with GDM, and
or stand alone flashback.

I don't use GNOME Flashback without 3D... Also as Ubuntu user I have LightDM not GDM. In short - I have no idea what to expect if system does not have 3D support.

    What I am hoping to get is a login screen when starting GDM configured for flashback.   When I select
flashback during the normal (3D) GDM startup, it works as expected.

Not sure if I understand... So it works on system with 3D, but does not work otherwise? Does session fails to start or you don't get login screen at all?

     When I configure GNOME using instructions at https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeFlashback, the
default user screen comes up, but the user id is GDM.  I expected to see a login screen first.

These instructions was for 3.8 and is only about gnome-panel... Do you want get/build newer version?