Re: [gnome-flashback] Gnome Panel Applet

Hi Sheryl,

My suggestion would be to try and get some terminal output for gnome-panel on the affected machine. You can do this by opening up a term and running the following: gnome-panel --replace

That will kill the current gnome-panel process and replace it with a new one that runs from the terminal. Once running like that, try and reproduce that trash applet crash. Hopefully that will produce some useful output.

As to a couple of your other questions:

Panel 3.8.1 - I'm not a Flashback dev so take what I say with a pinch of salt but I don't think there are any compatibility issues. I think the reason 14.04 doesn't have gnome-panel 3.8.1 is down to timing. Panel 3.8.1 was released in August 2014 whereas Ubuntu 14.04 was released in April. In fact, what's called gnome-panel 3.8.0 on 14.04 is probably 3.8.0 plus a healthy smattering of 3.8.1 patches.

The clock problem was definitely an issue with the panel applet - no idea about the indicator applet, that's some Ubuntu thing that I'm not up on.

Regards,

Charles