Re: [gnome-flashback] black Background in SL 7

In past nautilus was drawing desktop background, but since 3.7.91 it does not draw background. So black background is because there is no application that draws desktop background in your session.

That is why we now have gnome-flashback module. One part of it is desktop drawing, but there is no 3.8 version for this module.

You can try to use gnome-flashback 3.10 with gnome-panel 3.8... Debian unstable has gnome-panel 3.8 and gnome-flashback 3.10, but both packages are patched.