Re: [gnome-flashback] Menus/Menubars are messed up in flashback session on Ubuntu Utopic

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 8:53 PM, Khurshid Alam
<khurshid alam linuxmail org> wrote:
I think compiz might be responsible for this. If I reset compiz settings
using "dconf reset -f /org/compiz"  & then log into flashback-metacity
session the problem disappears. gnome-terminal, gedit, nautilus .eog ..etc
are showing appmenu properly on the panel. screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/Jb6h3iE.png

Now if I run "compiz --replace", compiz effects (like scale, viewport, wooby
windows) are back (not sure from where because I just reset it!) but it
doesn't not interfere with applet-appmenu. At this point everything works
well.

But when I login back to flashback compiz session, appmenu disappears again.
I looked through at changelogs of all releases of compiz in 14.10 but could
not pin-point the cause.

Thanks for investigation. It was a bug in Upstart, and I have now
prepared a fix for it (linked to bug 1383382).