Re: [gnome-flashback] gnome-panel and autoreconf

On 29/05/14 17:57, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
Hi,

Running "autoreconf -f -i" on gnome-panel source tree (from git), I get:

[...]
automake: error: cannot open < gtk-doc.make: No such file or directory
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

This does not happen with 3.8.0 tarball (probably because the tarball
contains some automake files).
I can reproduce this, but I am unsure, why this does not happen when I run the autogen.sh skript to bootstrap the built system.
How do you create the tarball after you checked out git?

When I looked at this I also noticed that 'make distcheck' does not work. If I run:

make maintainer-clean
./autogen --prefix=/usr
make distclean then I get:

  DOC   Introspecting gobjects
libtool: link: cannot find the library `../../../libpanel-applet/libpanel-applet-4.la' or unhandled argument `../../../libpanel-applet/libpanel-applet-4.la'
Linking of scanner failed:

So I first run `make`. Then I get a different error:

  CC       clock_applet-clock-map.o
../../../applets/clock/clock-map.c:11:51: fatal error: gnome-panel/libpanel-util/panel-color.h: No such file or directory
 #include <gnome-panel/libpanel-util/panel-color.h>

Autoreconf is run as part of Debian package build process, so this is
a blocker for packaging the latest git snapshot.

Does anybody know what may cause this error?