Re: [gnome-flashback] On branches, code review and commit guidelines

Hi Alberts,

Am 28.09.2013 14:46, schrieb Alberts Muktupāvels:
The following issues remain with patch 0004:
- Please prefix your commit message with the affected components, in
this case "panel, libpanel-applet:"
- Write a better commit message, not just "... was not the best way".
Something similar to my analysis above might be appropriate.
- Whitespace issues: Sometimes you replace a line, that begins with a
TAB character, by one beginning with four spaces. I think the codebase
assumes 8-space-tabs, but the important thing is to keep the tab in place.
- Whitespace issues (2): Sometimes you also add a blank line, that
contains spaces or tabs. Blank lines should be 0 characters long.
Ok. My fault, for some reason i have checked in gedit to add spaces
instead of tab. I guess it does not matter tab width I set in gedit,
right? I prefer to use 4 space tab.

Thank you for the updated patch. (Accidentally you sent it only to me.)
It still contained a whitespace error, that git am warned me about:

$ git am
patches/0001-panel-libpanel-applet-use-gdk_device_manager_get_cli.patch
Applying: panel, libpanel-applet: use
gdk_device_manager_get_client_pointer to get device not
gtk_get_current_event_device
/home/phk/src/gnome-panel/.git/rebase-apply/patch:47: trailing whitespace.

warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.

I fixed that one, and pushed it. The patch will be included in 3.8.1.
Thank you for tracking this down !

Cheers
  Philipp

--