Re: [gnome-flashback] Debug-ability; getting gnome-panel 3.8 out

Hi Dmitry,

On 24.09.2013 17:41, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Philipp Kaluza <floss ghostroute eu> wrote:
@Everybody: any bugs (preferably with patches) you consider blockers for
a mini-release as described above ?
Can you apply Alberts' patches?
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-flashback-list/2013-August/msg00011.html
I tested and applied all of them.

From Ubuntu's point of view, it would be nice to get as many as
possible our (and Debian's) patches merged upstream.
I looked through all the patches in version 3.6.2-0ubuntu11~ubuntu13.04.1 .
They seemed to either be backports from git, already been comitted by
Jeremy in his May git spree, or redundant with stuff already committed
differently.
Though I'd like a Ubuntu person to reconfirm that. :-)

Thanks a lot for working on this! Having a fresh tarball will be excellent!

Well, you have one now. :-) The announcement just went out.

I spent a day testing every patch and throwing every conceivable test at
it. While I'm pretty sure we are not bug-free, AFAICT no new regressions
have popped up now. So let's ship it ! ^^

Seriously, as a base for distribution work this should be an
improvement. But I hope you guys will not leave me hanging and report
bugs and send in patches aplenty.

I'll spend a few hours relaxing now (and maybe jhbuilding Gnome 3.10 for
relaxation ^^) and then will look at building an experimental 3.8 .deb
package. Though I'd rather you guys beat me to it. :)

With kind regards,
  Philipp