[gnome-flashback] No background in gnome-session-flashback 3.6 .

Hi all,
Yesterday in Debian testing, there was update/upgrade of GNOME from
3.4 to GNOME 3.8 . I too updated/upgraded yesterday. I have also
documented my update/upgrade in http://wp.me/pfuZu-CX

Anyways, after the update came to the new session and found there
is/was no background/wallpaper. Right-clicking and changing background
is still there but there is/was no effect on the background, it is a
coldish grey background. I have attached a screenshot of the same.

Emilio who's a packager of GNOME in Debian  shared the following bit
from gnome-settings-daemon

Version 3.7.90
 ==============
 - Set locale and IBus envvars on startup for our children
 - Remove background plugin, as background handling is now
   done in gnome-shell

And sure enough, it is mentioned in the NEWS.gz file. It seems the
NEWS.gz started with 2.21.4 version of gnome-settings-daemon.

While the most recent version of gnome-settings-daemon installed is
3.8.5-2  there doesn't seem to be any fix. I also downloaded and
checked the changelog of gnome-settings-daemon 3.10 and even that
version changelog doesn't give any insight about this.

Can anybody tell/share if there is any movement to somehow bring back
the background/wallpaper so we don't have to stare at a grey display
all day.

I also tried to scan
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=gnome-settings-daemon&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED
but was unsuccessful in getting about my background issue.

Looking forward for any sort of info. and ideas.  Please lemme know if
any info. is needed from my side.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल