Re: [gnome-flashback] What to do about gnome-panel in 3.8 ?

On 23 March 2013 06:24, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)
<jonathan ubuntu com> wrote:
It seems that the session should just be called "Flashback", I suppose the
mailing list and wiki page names should be changed as well.

As it currently stands, I assume the release notes will talk about the
deprecation and removal of Fallback mode. If we want to change that
message, we should act now. Review https://live.gnome.org/GnomeFlashback
, contact the release team about a little shout-out in the release
notes, and roll 3.8 tarballs.

*nod*, for the 3.8 timeframe, this was the only thing I was hoping for, just
to get a release out. Even though it's no longer an official Gnome project,
I think it's a good idea to line up with the Gnome release numbers and
release dates and even as manpower can afford, follow the same QA processes.

Could someone commit the changes proposed at
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/694625 and release a 3.7.1 or something? I
don't think it matters too much whether it's named GNOME Flashback or
Flashback or even something else. It's understood that there are still
remaining issues but this way we have a tarball that at least builds
and distros already on GNOME 3.8 have something that sort of works.
(Ubuntu has a bit of an advantage there as the customized gnome-panel
offered can use Compiz and Unity's indicators without being hurt too
badly by the removals in gnome-settings-daemon and elsewhere).

Thanks,
Jeremy