From: Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org>
Date: Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 17:18
Subject: Re: String additions to 'glade.master'
To: Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de>
Cc: gnome-i18n gnome org

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> Hi Tristan!
>
> Do you have a general hard-code freeze exception for glade? You made
> more than 20 commits in the last 24 hours, none seemed to by signed off
> by the release-team and two broke string freeze.

All the commits yesterday were necessary, without them there would be no
release of Glade... which is thankfully tagged and ready now.

As far as I know strings were removed from glade-3-8 branch for the
sake of backing out the preview feature that did not belong in 3.8.

For what it's worth, we held back:
 - Support for editing GtkSwitch
 - Support for editing GtkInfoBar
 - Support for setup up renderers in GtkEntryCompletion
 - Spelling mistake fixes (3 spelling mistake bugs I believe)

... for the sake of not breaking strings in this release.

> Please follow the GNOME release rules!

Not breaking a hard-code freeze would simply make this
release impossible, I'm not sure which you would prefer.

We've done a great deal to comply as much as possible,
following releases should not have this problem, there
have just been tons of changes this cycle.

I should also point out that the information I have at hand
concerning this says I did not break any rules:

   "Precise rules are yet to be defined."
   http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNinetyone/FeaturedApps

In any case, what was done last night was the bare minimum
to get Glade releases out of the door on time (or maybe late
even), sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cheers,
         -Tristan