Re: yelp-check validate noise

On 2022-02-02 17:49, Shaun McCance wrote:
This has to do with the way that xmllint handles RNG pattern
matching. Basically, if anything inside the info element is invalid,
it causes the entire info element to not match the mal_info pattern,
and that's all that xmllint reports.

jing is a lot better at showing the errors deeper in the pattern.
You can use jing instead by passing --jing to yelp-check. It looks
like jing is no longer in Fedora, but if I'm reading the internet
right it's still in Ubuntu universe.

Good to know for the case we need to dig deeper into a reported error which is not a false positive. And yes, jing is available in Debian/Ubuntu.

The problem with that command on that page, by the way, is that the
namespace for the uix:thumb element is

    http://projectmallard.org/experimental/ui/

not just

    http://projectmallard.org/experimental/

Change the --allow and it validates.

That change did eliminate the "noise". Thanks Shaun!

--
Cheers,
Gunnar