Re: Google Summer of Docs proposal 2021

On Mon, 2021-03-15 at 08:11 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
Hey folks!

I'm working on a GSoD for this year and I've outlined the proposal. I just wanted to give you all a heads up. I'm mostly focusing on our wiki and looking to remove everything updated, and update the ones that are still valid. But we will also use that experience to build a better onboarding experience by building a more supportable project documentation setup that can be managed for the future.

If you have any thoughts, questions, or comments that would be appreciated. Here is the current proposal.

https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/gsod-2021-proposal

Thanks so much!

Thanks for taking point on this, Sri. I don't have the bandwidth to mentor this time around, but I can help out with some stuff.

It's worth noting that I started an audit for things related to the documentation team (not necessarily user or developer documentation per se):

https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/documentation/initiatives/-/issues/1

I'd appreciate if we could keep that issue up to date on any pages listed there.

Thanks,
Shaun