Re: New developer.gnome.org!

Where do I find

   https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Warnings-and-Assertions.html

on developer.gnome.org now?  It has been removed.

I assume that Google will index the new doc location.

Best,
Ole

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 4:35 PM Emmanuele Bassi via gnome-doc-list <gnome-doc-list gnome org> wrote:
Hi all;

I've just announced the new version of the developer.gnome.org website:

https://discourse.gnome.org/t/new-gnome-developer-documentation-website/7134

On the back end of things: the new website is based on Sphinx, and published using the GitLab CI. The content is in reStructuredText format. For more information on both:

 - https://docs.readthedocs.io/en/stable/intro/getting-started-with-sphinx.html
 - https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/restructuredtext/basics.html

The content is available under the documentation team group:

 - https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/documentation/developer-www

and you can contribute using the same workflow as any other GitLab project—including editing in the web UI. You can easily build a render locally using the provided `build.sh` script.

The developer-www repository replaces the gnome-devel-docs repo:

  - https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-devel-docs/

for the following documents:

 - accessibility-devel-guide
 - optimisation-guide
 - programming-guidelines
 - platform-overview

Additionally, the HIG has been moved to its own repository under the design team group:

 - https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Design/hig-www/

The system administrators guide

The system administrators want to lock down library-web, which will impact help.gnome.org, so we'll have to figure out how to update the process for publishing the content on that website.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.