Re: Is docs-feedback@ still on?

On Tue, 2020-12-15 at 09:36 +0000, David King wrote:
Hi Andre

On 2020-11-30 21:22, Andre Klapper via docs-feedback <
docs-feedback gnome org> wrote:
Test; as I have not seen any feedback for a long time to this
address.
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

I do not know why there has not been any feedback posted to the list
for
some time (is it moderated?), but Shaun and I chatted about this in a
prior docs standup, and wondered if using Gitlab issue templates for

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/description_templates.html

The process looks relatively straightforward, but would probably have
be against a single component, maybe gnome-user-docs, or possibly a
new
product solely for general documentation feedback, to have a single
link
that can be injected, instead of the docs-feedback list.

Does anybody have any ideas on what would be a good, or better,
approach?

Another idea we discussed at this week's standup was to direct people
to Discourse, but also file a GitLab issue in the background. I put
some thoughts down on this issue:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/documentation/initiatives/-/issues/9

The thought behind using Discourse is that it's better if people are
asking questions that the docs don't answer, like "I can't figure out
my sound settings so people can hear me in this meeting and the docs
aren't helping."

So, send those to Discourse so people can get answers, but then also
file a GitLab issue in the background so we know there's something we
need to improve about the docs.

But, sending people to Discourse when they're actually reporting a
typo, for example, isn't great. It'll just make noise on Discourse.

Maybe three links?

* Ask a question [Discourse with GitLab background magic]
* Report an error [GitLab issue]
* Edit this page [GitLab code]

I'm hesitant to add too much cognitive overhead tho.

As for where to file issues, if we don't want to always send them
straight to individual components, we could always create a project
under our team space in GitLab, like Teams/Documentation/Feedback.

--
Shaun