Re: Discourse for GNOME docs

On Sun, 03 Mar 2019 17:25:38 -0500
Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

Hi all,

We have a Discourse server for GNOME now:

https://discourse.gnome.org/

There's been some conversation about moving development conversations
there. I honestly don't know how that will pan out, but it's something
we ought to think about for docs conversations.

One of the advantages over mailing lists is that we can have tags that
people apply to threads, and you can watch those tags. So if you're
interested in docs (and if we had a docs tag), you could follow that
tag, and you'd see docs threads even in categories you don't otherwise
follow.

How do we request a docs tag? Asking in one of the Discourse threads, maybe?
This could be an interesting alternative to getting mode feedback on GNOME
docs, since the docs feedback ML linked from help.g.o doesn't quite work,
though I also think deprecating MLs in favor of Discourse for project
discussion would be a bit preliminary.

Cheers,
pk