Re: Announcing a pilot for docs release schedule with string freeze

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 1:17 PM, Petr Kovar <pmkovar gnome org> wrote:
With the new stable release out, I wanted to ask you to provide feedback on
the user docs string freeze pilot. Did you find it useful and worth
continuing?

I like the Docs String Freeze. I think it would help if the Docs would
only be unfrozen for say, the gnome-3-28 series if the person commits
to doing a new 3.28 release. Personally, I don't see for a formal
future point release schedule (as long as we have an announced Freeze
two weeks ahead of release for translators).

I don't find the 3.26.1 / 3.26.1.1 double release to be helpful. Just
do the single 3.26.1 release with translations. Are there translators
that need the tarball release to do their work? Or can they just run
yelp from the git branch?

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha