Re: user-docs Dutch translation

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 17:37:03 +0100
Hannie Dumoleyn <lafeber-dumoleyn2 zonnet nl> wrote:

Op 06-03-18 om 15:53 schreef Petr Kovar:
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 13:01:04 +0100
Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, 2018-02-26 at 11:15 +0100, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:
After having finished gnome-user-docs 3.28 Dutch translation I want
to check it. Can I open a .po file using Yelp?
That won't work - Yelp displays help pages, not translation files. :)

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2014-September/msg00075.html
explains how to build help files. (Crossing fingers it's still valid.)
Hmm, do we have adding a new translation to docs modules documented
anywhere? I can't find anything on the wiki. In any case, we need to update
https://wik.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Tasks/DesktopHelp when
we migrate to GitLab, so it might be a good idea to document this there, or
add a pointer, I guess.

Thanks,
pk

Hi Petr,

Since I have succeeded in building the Dutch .page files, so I can check
the translation using yelp, I could try and write how I did it. Will it
be the same for gitlab? I use git at the moment.

If you have a git account already, not much should change for you. You may
just need to log into GitLab for the first time using the LDAP option to
ensure your credentials are set up (and maybe upload your SSH public key in
the settings, not sure if that's configured automatically).

Cheers,
pk