Re: [dconf-editor] string freeze break (or opinions) request

 – Proposition 1: fix the string generation using “&#xA;&#xA;” in the
gschema file, and let translators redo the translations;
 – Proposition 2: replace the two line breaks by one space, so that
all translations already done work, but without any line break (and
I’d change the strings next cycle for what is wanted).

In a perfect world, we would fix bug #793931 properly. As we live in
this world, I think proposition 2 is the best solution for 3.28, and
we can deal with the bigger problem in 3.30. The decision is yours,
though.

I’ll certainly go that way if there are no other opinions on this question.

I had also planned a 1bis proposition, where I fix the gschema file
and all the translations in one patch, avoiding work from translators,
but following previous discussion, that’s probably not a path I can
follow. ;)

The difference is that this would be a change (presumably) consulted
with and approved by the translation teams, which makes it OK. :P

Something that cannot be done in one day, so a path I can’t follow. :·)

Regards,
Arnaud

--
Arnaud Bonatti