Re: The Lock Screen

Hello Jim,
Let me explain why I want to discuss a minor issue like the lock screen curtain on this list.
I try to look at the gnome-user-docs from a beginner's point of view, because the docs are mostly used by beginners (I think). If I encounter something that is not working as described in the docs, I want to know why. If it needs to be corrected, I make changes to the .page file and send in a bug report with a patch.
In this case, your answer makes me conclude that shell-exit.page does not need any further explanation because my "lock screen problem" occurs in older versions (ubuntu 16.04 and 17.04 (I tried gnome default, gnome classic and gnome on Wayland)).
I am forced to use older 32 bit versions at the moment because I not able to use my newer PC with ubuntu-gnome 17.10 at the moment.
As a beginning contributor to gnome-user-docs, I am very glad you and others help me to find the best way to help improving the docs.
Regards,
Hannie