Re: Change .page, see result

Hi Hannie,

If you're working on a file that will be part of (for example) gedit, and you've cloned the gedit repository, the documentation would be in gedit/help/C.  You'd place your new "page" file in the gedit/help/C directory, and then do "yelp gedit/help/C" and it will launch all of the gedit help, including the new page file that you just wrote.

You can also launch the individual page by doing 'yelp gedit/help/C/my-new-page.page'

If you keep yelp running, it will continually refresh your updated 'page' every time that you save it.

I hope this helps!

Jim

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2017-12-04 at 17:59 +0100, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:
> When I add .page to the command
> ~/gnome/gnome-getting-started$ yelp gs-use-system-search.page
> I get: unknown error.

If that is a standard Git checkout, then there is simply no file called
"gs-use-system-search.page" in the top folder of "gnome-getting-
started". Hence Yelp cannot offer files that do not exist.

> I do not know where the help files which I get when I press F1
> reside,

Pressing "Ctrl+L" in Yelp will tell you the location. :)

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/