Re: Evolution Quickstart guide

Hi Dan,

On Wed, 2015-10-07 at 20:57 +0100, Dan MacDonald wrote:
I have written a quickstart guide at work for configuring Evolution &
EWS to access mail, calendars and contacts from our companies
Exchange server. It also covers configuring your signature and
dealing with proxies etc. With a bit of tweaking I could make it into
a more generic guide for achieving this that could be added to the
official Evolution docs if you're interested?

Thanks for your interest!

Evolution's EWS documentation is rather limited. I don't have access to
an EWS account so help, ideas and improvements are welcome!

https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.18/intro-first-run.html
embeds a "Exchange EWS" section which basically comes from
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.18/mail-account-manage-microsoft-exchange.html

Configuring signatures is under
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.18/mail-composer-mail-signatures.html
and I have no idea if we properly cover setting up proxies.

If you want to play with the existing docs directly:
The files in Mallard format are located in Git under /help/C/ in
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/
To check out from Git, seeĀ
https://wiki.gnome.org/Git/Developers#Anonymous_Access
and to get the local files displayed, you can execute
$> yelp .
from the command line in the checked-out /help/C/ folder.

General GNOME documentation info is available under
https://wiki.gnome.org/DocumentationProject

Hope that helps a bit? :)
Don't hesitate to ask questions!

Cheers,