Re: Old manual versions that lack licenses

  > About "Disk Usage Analyzer" (né baobab), the oldest online version is
  > 2.32, its legal mention is here and mentions GFDL:
  >   https://help.gnome.org/users/baobab/2.32/index-info.html

I am glad it did have a free license.  Maybe the person who reported
this was misled by the HTML output as you suggested.

It is important to include the license in the output.

But I see something else bad seems to be happening:

  > The rewritten version is at https://help.gnome.org/users/baobab/3.14/
  > and licensed as CC by-sa.

It's not good for a GNU manual converted to a non-GNU license.

  > The GNOME Desktop System Administration Guide is in the same
  > situation, with oldest version as GFDL and available here:
  >   https://help.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/2.32/index-info.html
  > and newest version as CC by-sa and online here:
  >   https://help.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/3.14/

It looks like this is a systematic trend, and it might get worse.n
Do you know who is responsible?  What can we do about it?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation