Re: Docs hackfest (the winter 2016 edition)

On Fri, 04 Dec 2015 13:56:54 -0500
Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

On Fri, 2015-12-04 at 17:09 +0100, Ekaterina Gerasimova wrote:
Hi all,

On 21 October 2015 at 11:40, Ekaterina Gerasimova
<kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:

Time has come to plan our next hackfest! At our last hackfest at
Open
Help, we made good progress on updating gnome-user-docs for 3.18
but
there is still more work to do and by the time January comes
around,
we'll already know more about the 3.20 release.

I would like to propose Norwich on the 23rd/24th-28th January,
which
would lead you straight into the FOSDEM weekend for those of you
who
want to go to that. I am hoping that there will be a documentation
room there, so it may be more interesting from that point of view
too.
And there's always the booth to look after.

I would like to propose that we review the gnome-user-docs for 3.20
(there is some new content that we should add) and think about our
workflow for releases. What do you think?

Other suggestions location wise are also welcome.

I only heard back from a couple of people so far. If you are
interested in attending, please let me know as we need to reach
critical mass before it's worth having a hackfest.

If there's not enough interest in the hackfest, we should hold some
online hacking days instead.

I'm not going to be able to attend this one. FOSDEM isn't in the cards
for me this year, and it's too close to my DevConf travel to add more
flights.

Could we have the hackfest after FOSDEM? That would be the week between
FOSDEM and DevConf. That might make more sense for people wanting to attend
both the hackfest and DevConf (and/or FOSDEM).

I'm going to have a busy January but want to help reaching the critical
mass. :)

Cheers,
pk