Re: a11y-devel-guide related discussion

Hey,

On 19 March 2015 at 13:52, Paul W. Frields <stickster gmail com> wrote:
Hello, GNOME Docs folks!  There was an interesting thread on the
Fedora desktop list recently started by a visually impaired user.  It
started with a long rant about issues with a11y (note, it's quite
long, but thankfully is pretty mild by most standards):

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/desktop/2015-March/011714.html

The next day the same user came back and apologized and also pointed
out many good things about a11y especially in GNOME (again, pretty
long):

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/desktop/2015-March/011716.html

This note led to a further discussion about contribution, and one of
the areas that came up was the GNOME accessibility-devel-guide:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/desktop/2015-March/011719.html

I brought this topic to GNOME Docs to see if this guide is actively
maintained in this team, or whether I should contact someone else (or
simply file this as a RFE/bug).  Thanks for any help you can provide!

It is not actively maintained at the moment.

If there is someone willing to work on it, it is worth considering how
much of it would be changed. If the answer is "most of it", then a
re-write from scratch under a more modern license (CC-by-SA 4.0) would
be best because we don't (and, to be honest, can't really) comply with
the GFDL.

On the other hand, patches are welcome for minor improvements.

Thanks
Kat