GNOME Docs presentation at the tcworld14 conference

Hi everybody!

I've been MIA of late, but I just wanted to share with you the news about the talk I gave last week about GNOME Documentation at the tcworld conference in Stuttgart (Germany).

The main idea for the talk was to present GNOME docs (and by extension, other open docs communities) as a great resource for the technical communication students. My other intention was to promote and present a different reality among mostly corporate techcomm professionals who usually attend this event (I kinda got tired of blank stares in previous years when I would mention GNOME ;). I originally planed to present the talk proposal for last year's edition, but then the family issues got in the way... Anyhow, the talk was accepted this year and it went fairly well: about 90% of around 50 attendees actually used Linux, but only a couple knew/used GNOME, I got some interesting questions and feedback after the talk, flyers and stickers I brought flew away, and at the networking event that same evening I got a proposal to prepare a version of the talk as a webinar for STC. I also played Bastian's promo videos and they added a very nice visual dimension to the presentation (btw Bastian, kudos for those, great stuff!).

I'm attaching the presentation slides (google drive and slideshare.net).

Cheers,