SVGs! Languages! ♥!

Hola,
I updated two screenshots in the gnome-user-docs/gnome-help and wanted
to update even more. But! Looking at
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-user-docs/plain/gnome-help/C/figures/top-bar-icons-classic.png?h=master
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-user-docs/plain/gnome-help/C/figures/top-bar-icons.png?h=master
they include text. So nobody ever translates them. Ever.

I was about to replace the text in the PNG by numbers and explain the
meaning of those numbers in text so translators could translate.
But then Kat appeared and said that SVG is the future!
And SVGs allows embedding multiple languages (via ‘systemLanguage’ and
‘switch’): http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/struct.html#SystemLanguageAttribute

I decided that Shaun should fix this (or at least pretend to do so) and
talk to Kat on how to do this properly. I called it "delegation".

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/