Guide to GNOME Contribution

Hi all,

I was looking at Sindhu’s Guide to GNOME Contribution[1] and wondering
if it would be better off integrated into a guide on developer.gnome.org
somewhere. I haven’t been involved in the recent work on ‘getting
started’ developer documentation, so I don’t know the best place for it,
but the Platform Demos[2] and JHBuild Manual[3] documentation look like
the right sort of place for it.

Unless I’ve missed something, there does seem to be a gap in the
documentation concerning how to get up and running with JHBuild; the
JHBuild Manual doesn’t quite have the breadth or the tutorial style
which is necessary, I think.

This has already been discussed briefly on gnome-love-list, but no
conclusions were reached.

Anyway, Sindhu suggested I bring up the discussion here. I’m afraid I
can’t work on this myself (too much other stuff to do), but hopefully
someone else will consider it worthwhile.

Philip

[1]: http://sindhus.bitbucket.org/guide-to-gnome-contribution.html
[2]: https://developer.gnome.org/jhbuild/stable/getting-started.html.en
[3]: